Sunday, June 1, 2008

How to be Thankful...

Yesterday, Mila came so close to eating her entire daily calorie needs.

I am so grateful that she's making progress.

We were able to pull her tube for her comfort overnight, before it leaked, and before her cheek was too damaged.

I am so grateful that she's sleeping again.

My friend Chrystil ( who was my one Canadian friend for a very long time ) is moving near Edmonton.

I am so grateful to have like minded friends nearby.

Her hubby helped Alex and our neighbor move the washer and dryer.

I am so grateful to be surrounded by strong and generous men.

Robby snuggled with me last night, and told me he loved his new room.

I am so grateful for a son who adapts easily, speaks his mind, and is generally happy.

I snapped at Alex when it got so late that I was falling asleep. He just laughed and put me to bed.

I am so grateful for a husband with both a sense of humor, and a huge heart.

I could go on and on. I am feeling so happy these days, and the sense of being overwhelmed is fading. Mila's issues could easily crush a family - she was dying and grief rips aparts your heart in ways no one can understand. For a long tiem after surgery, I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. What would be next? What emergency would come next? Would the mitral valve give way? Would the repair narrow? Would her GI issues be so bad that it interfered ( more ) with her growth? Would she be developmentally delayed? Would her personality suffer?

Maybe its the extra sunlight. It was light till after 11, and the sunshine began just before 4am.

That's when Mila got up :-)

1 comment:

rae_of_hope said...

remind me when you get here that i have a piece of cloth for mila. sounds silly, i know, but just remind me, k? thanks