Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I'm sorry

The truth is, I don't usually have a moment to pee in private, much less blog to the whole world about what goes on in the Kagan family.

Things are well here. I'm working full time doing graphics and managing the Kid's Club, schlepping the kids to and from work with rapidity to make deadlines. Dinner, laundry, and the ever present pile of dishes have suffered mightily. I do enjoy it though, and its good for everyone involved. Most especially, good for Robby. His socialization skills were fairly lacking before, and he is getting much needed exposure to other children of multiple ages. He is getting better at sharing, at not hitting, and at playing on his own.

Mila, of course, is getting the same exposure, which translates into her first cold. The poor darling actually ended up in the ER - her coughing and wheezing sounded so bad that I wanted to rule out pnuemonia from aspiration. Its just a viral thing, and now we've call caught it. Unsurprisingly, this has caused Mila to drop some weight. I estimate that she's dropped half a pound or so - clothes that were beginning to be tight are now slightly loose. Three months ago, this weight loss would have bothered me to no end. Now, however, I can see that she's doing okay. She's put on quite a bit of weight in the last few weeks that a loss of 1/2 a pound, while not exactly good, is not the devastating issue it had been. I estimate her to be around 17 lbs right now, which puts her up above that dreaded 10% line. Mila is learning many new tricks these days, and growing up so fast. Its hard to believe in a few short months, she'll be one. But it shows. She's started to cruise the furniture, climb the stairs, and just the other day attempted to climb out of her crib. She has three teeth with a fourth due any day. I can see it, I just don't feel that sharp ridge that means its broken through the skin.

IN other news, the divorce is final. HIP HIP HOOOOOOOORAY! I'm so chuffed about this that I might pee my pants with joy. Its final. Its done. Its OVER. Hopefully, sperm donor ( hereafter referred to as SD ), will still go through with the parent termination.However, there has definitely been a precedant set for my suing him for it, should it come to that. The idea now, of course, is how fast Alex and I can hitch. We're looking quite fondly at the end of February.. Sorry that y'all will have to brave the snow again. We'd like to have the " reception ".. actually a sit down dinner... at a restaurant instead of a big reception hall with dancing, djs, and lots of partying. We're really quite past that right now.The restaurant we love, though, has quoted us a price that we simply cannot afford. It entails them shutting the whole restaurant down for us. Its too bad, the food is awsome and the ambience is lovely. We are supposed to meet with the Rabbi next week as well. Whooohooo!

Anyway, here concludes the 100th post of the blog.

No comments: