Saturday, November 17, 2007

Yes, We're Still Alive!

We are still alive. The past two weeks have flown by without an update, and for that, I sincerely apologize.

The first thing that happened is Mila has recovered from her UTI but needs a renal ultrasound to check for kidney problems. The ultrasound is obviously none invasive, and so I'm more than happy to have this done - I know one girl with kidney reflux and her mom is UBER careful about diaper changes and fevers. Since infections can cause scarring and kidney function loss, its better to know if there is a greater chance of getting one.

The very next day, I was hired as daycare staff by Big Yellow Gym. Big Yellow Gym asked me to work 3 hours a day for 6 days a week, and I agreed. I enjoyed it, though it cut into my workouts quite admirably. ( Read : What WorkOuts? )

The days following that show a definite lack of brain power, as I went from 3 hours a day to 40+ hours a week and took huge responsibility with very little in the way of guaranteed pay increase. In fact, as of today, at BYG, I have yet to recieve my DESK and computer which will make it VERY hard for me to get anything accomplished. Oh, and I'm still doing that 3 hours per evening to keep the daycare up and running. I've already had parents thank me for the amazing job I'm doing keeping the place clean, organized, and well functioning. YAY ME!

Now, Robby and Mila DO go with me to work most days. There are a few nights where they leave with Alex, a few days where they stay with MIL, but mostly, they come to work with me. BYG is charging me quite the amount for his - much much more than the posted amount on the door of the daycare. We'll see what I can work out for that. The kids seem to be enjoying the daycare, especially Robby, who managed to fall asleep in the three minutes from work to home.

Hopefully, I will be able to post tomorrow with a picture update.

1 comment:

GRANDPA said...

Is BYG Golds' or did it change hands?
They are charging you for your own kids??? This,after they offer you more hours and responsibility and considering the extreme labor shortage in Alberta!!!!!
Please pardon the chauvinistic remark but they have no "yiddishe kop" AT ALL.