Sunday, August 12, 2007

Hippo Hats





Still going strong here at Casa De Kagan. I'm hoping this post will be fairly lucid as I'm running on very little sleep. Not Mila's fault. I seem to have caught some sort of bug that comes with a really firery throat. I'm off to the MediClinic this afternoon, because it feels like strep to me.





Mila is eating slightly less than a few days ago - down to about 20-22 ounces. I'm concentrating a few of her bottles to compensate. However, she's chowing down on the solids though. I think they are filling her up so that she doesn't WANT the super nasty tasting bottles. Her upper GI is the 14th, so hopefully we'll have some good answers then. I can still hear her refluxing, and she gets that concerned look, but she's really arching a whole lot less and sleeping a whole lot better.





Robby is very sad that camp is over. We bought his teacher a little gift and hopefully she'll use it - a gift certificate to the only kosher joint in the city. And hopefully, the Rabbi will decide I'm Jewish enough so that Robby can attend school. If he doesn't, I think I will keep Robby home through October and then return to work. I almost hope that ... Well, we won't go there! Lets just say that I wouldn't be terribly upset if I had to go to work :-)





Alex is about 1/2 way through his 13 days straight of work. His parents were supposed to come for dinner, but I think we will beg out of that so I can rest. I do need to go grocery shopping before we run out of milk. And dino oatmeal. Robby might starve :-)





Here are some reaaaaaaaaally cute pictures of Mila. Why Robby calls this her "hippo" hat, I have no idea, but it *is* awfully cute. I'm not sure if you can tell from the pictures or not, but Mila is looking like she is going to start crawling very soon!!! She rolls both ways, and has gotten her legs to make the crawling motion... We just have to work on her arm strength - she props herself up on her elbows, but she hasn't started to push her self up flat palmed yet. Robby was very much the same way, except that he had his arms in order but couldn't organize the leg movements. I expect that she'll be crawling by the time we get to Florida.






I am also reaaaaaaally enjoying my sewing. I have three projects in the works : Recon strap covers for her highchair and carseat ( the drool she produces is amazing! ), Recon bibs made from her stained onesies ( I'm not buying bibs to get stained when I have clothes that are too stained even to donate! ). Lastly, I am working on a pink and navy dress for the wedding - Alex doesn't want to spend 30+ on a dress she will very likely wear once. I can understand that, but she's finally outgrown her cute sundresses. Those she hasn't outgrown aren't really fancy enough to wear to a wedding. Hopefully, it will be nice enough.... I've learned to box pleat, pin, sew, and use binding tape.

No comments: