Friday, June 8, 2007

Size 12, here I come!

I have been really struggling with my body image since having Mila. I bounced back REALLY fast from having Robby, but right now, I still weigh EXACTLY what I did when I had Mila. Unfortunetly, its because I've been eating so much CRAP - Starbucks, cookies, granola bars, perogies, etc etc!

So, a friend and I are doing Weight Watchers for nursing mothers. Its a bit labor intensive, with lots of label reading! I enter in calories, fiber, and fat into the calculator and it tells me how many " points " I am consuming... And there is a "limit" to the amount of points per day. For someone who is *NOT* nursing, its about 25. For a nursing mother, its up to 37! My goal is 32-37 points a day, which should mean a weight loss of 1 lb per week. That'd be nice! I can "earn" extra points by excersize, or " bank " some points for going out to eat, etc. So.. today is day 1.

I weigh 170 lbs. I am a size 14. My "goal" is 140 right now, which will probably take me all summer!!! Or all year. Whatever! As long as I start LOOKING a little better, and not being so tired, and all the good things that come with eating healthy!

So far today : 1 granola bar ( 3 points ), coffee with milk & sweetner ( 3 points ), 1 slice bread with peanut butter and jam ( 4 points ), 3 baby corn ( 0 points ) a cookie ( 2 points )... I am at 12 points before lunch... Lunch will be salad with tuna - about 6 points if I measure. Things like chickpeas have only 1 point per 1/2 cup, same with beets. Lettuce is nothing. Mustard is nothing. Relish is nothing. I see LOTS of salad in my future!

No comments: