Tuesday, April 3, 2007

More Pictures


Don't worry - I didn't forget the kitchen bouquet. Or the garlic salt. I do remember how Mom makes it.. but I have a thermometer instead of a pop up in the turkey. How high tech. Since I'm a moron with a thermometer, I got a digital instant read one. It even has a diagram of where to put it, and a " yes / no " function that tells me, quite simply, if my turkey is done.


Yes... my turkey. I didn't see a fresh chicken that I was impressed with. In fact, I'm not impressed with the " pre basted " turkey, and I hope it doesn't ruin the kitchen bouquet skin and flavor. Or the gravy. If its even POSSIBLE to make gravy with matzo flour.


Tonights menu : Roasted turkey with pan gravy, stuffed with aromatics. Pan seared garlic green beans with a slightly sweet soy ginger honey glaze. Roasted baby red skinned potatoes with rosemary and garlic. Fresh green salad with tomatos, cucumbers, baby corn, and carrots. Fruit salad with cantelope, banana, blueberries, raspberries, apples, pears, and pineapples. Sophia is bringing her delicious passover cake.


Here are some more pictures from the baby shower.

No comments: