Wednesday, March 28, 2007

More Sling Pictures

Pardon the incredible amount of pictures. I am using blogger to link to a message board where I am getting tips for positioning Mila inside her new sling. I love the sling to death but I am not going out just yet, and I'd like to make sure she is okay in there! I want to learn to do this RIGHT!



This is the " cradle " carry with her head opposite the rings. It just seems to me that most of the time, this makes her head lower than her tush, or curls her chin against her chest. Therefore, we don't use it too often. This is the position she would nurse in.
Its hard to tell in these pictures, but Mila is "sitting" in the sling with her butt down and her knees bent up against my chest. I used the tail of the sling to give her head some extra support while she was sleeping. Despite tucking her arm in several times, she certainly prefers it out. She feels very secure in this pose to me, but her legs ARE straddled fairly wide - I am not sure if this is proper. When I tuck her legs in, I am concerned that the sling isn't quite wide enough to support her head .... I tuck her legs in and pull several inches of the sling between us, which lowers it across her back. I don't know if that makes sense? I will attempt to take a picture of that tomorrow.

And pardon the no makeup, no bra, unbrushed hair, very tired look. You all know why.

No comments: