Monday, May 19, 2008

Meal Plan Monday

Here we go for this week :

Monday - Shepard's Pie ( Ground beef with onion & garlic, topped with corn, topped with mashed potatoes, served with salad ) Estimated points : Beef ( 4 ) Corn ( 1 ) Potatoes ( 2 ) Salad ( 0 ) Dressing ( 1 ) Total 8 points for a small serving of pie and a large salad

Tuesday - Italian Marinated Chicken with Stuffed Peppers ( peppers stuffed with rice, cheese, spices, carrot and pepper bits, also served with salad. Robby will have baby carrots with dip, and chicken ) Estimated Points : Chicken ( 3 ) Marinade ( 1 ) Pepper ( 0 ) Rice ( 3 ) Spices ( 0 ) Carrots ( 0 ) * Pepper ( 0 ), Salad ( 0 ) Dressing ( 1 ) Total : 8 points for 1 chicken breast, 1 stuffed pepper, and a large salad. * Carrots are 1 point per cup, I will be using less than half of that per pepper.

Wednesday - Sloppy Joes & Mac N Cheese ( Extra Lean Ground Beef with Sloppy Joe Sauce, Mac N Cheese, served with salad ) Alex isn't home for this, so he'll be heating it up or I'll deliver it. Estimated Points : Lean Ground Beef ( 4 ) Sloppy Joe Sauce ( 1 ) Mac N Cheese ( 5 ) Salad ( 0 ) Dressing ( 1 ) Total 10 *** I will really, really need to watch my portion size with this meal! 1 full cup of mac n cheese is 9 points - more than I want to spend on my dinner.

Thursday - Chicken & Pasta ( Bite sized bits of chicken cooked in tomato sauce, served over pasta. I might get all fancy fancy and bake it all up in the oven. Served With Salad ) Alex isn't home for this one either, but I'm sure he'll eat it when he gets home. Estimated Points : Chicken ( 3 ) Pasta ( 3 ) Sauce ( 2 ) Salad ( 0 ) Dressing ( 1 ) Total : 9 points

Friday - Sausage & Peppers ( Lean Turkey Sausage, Red & Yellow Peppers, Potatoes, Carrots, probably over rice, served with Salad ) Turkey Sausage ( 4 ) Beef Sausage ( 8 ) Peppers ( 0 ) Carrots ( 1 ) Rice ( 3 ) Potato ( 1 ) Salad ( 0 ) Dressing ( 1 ) Total : With Turkey 10 points, With beef 14 points. I hope I can find lean turkey sausage here. Its hard to get sometimes! If I can't find the turkey, I may skip the rice for 3 points.

Saturday - Free Night Either we'll order in, do catch as you can, or I'll figure it out later.

Sunday - I think its the inlaws turn.

No comments: