Tuesday, April 22, 2008

To My Baby

Robby -

Today you are turning four. FOUR! Four years of your life, I have held you, cuddled you, yelled at you, and watched you grow into an amazing person.

You were such a happy baby once I figured out how to feed you ( Answer : More food, more often. ) You've amazed me with your clarity of thought and word - I don't know many other four year olds who can talk out their ideas as well as you do. You've learned to entertain yourself. You've learned to spell your name, and you can recognize it. You eat only chicken nuggets, carrots, and pancakes. And tuna crackers, though I try to limit those to once or twice a week. You've started eating broccoli! BROCCOLI!

You can get dressed by yourself. You are getting better at brushing your own teeth. You can clean your room, organize the shoes. You help me unload the dishwasher, you can match socks for me, and you are great at bringing the laundry up the stairs.

You are a sweet big brother, and your sister loves you so much. Her little face lights up and she shrieks with happiness to see you each morning. She copies you. You remind the lady at the grocery store that Mila doesn't want a cookie, and then share yours when M changes her mind.

Robby, you are such a big boy, even if you are still my baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww....that was the sweetest post! 4 year olds are awesome!