Thursday, April 17, 2008

Holding Steady

Things are holding steady here at Casa De Kagan.

Mila yanked out her tube last night, and so she's been tubey free overnight. If she drinks 250 mls by 1pm ( just shy of two short feedings ), we may leave it out another day to lt her skin heal some more. I am a little... concerned... because I don't feel that she's using her words wisely - its rare to hear her say " Mama " any more, as well as " Up ". She will say up, though, with lots of coaching. " DaDa " can be heard on occasion too. I'm just not hearing it as often as I would like. I do not think it actually means anything, although its possible the NG is irrititating her throat & vocal cords. She took an entire bottle last night ( over nearly two hours ) and even took her meds ( with much gagging and fighting ).

And then she slept through the night!

Robby is driving me crazy. Always the bargaining!!! Five more minutes, one more, two more,I don't want to eat three bites, I only want to eat one, I won't eat unless I get dessert, for crying out loud GIVE ME MY CHOICES! This results in Mommy being very very exasperated with Robby. Thankfully, he has lots of moments where he snuggles with his sister, helps me unload the dishwasher, or eats all of his broccoli without too much reminding. Its why he's still breathing :-) ( Just kidding. I make it a point to not beat him often )

The weather was sooo darn beautiful here for two days - up near 60*!! I know in my heart that 60* isn't actually very warm, but I was sweaty from exertion just walking to the park after the pasty white winter. Both kids had a blast, and pictures are forthcoming.

New in the sewing world : I have 1/4 of a yard or less of some motorcycle print for Robby. I am considering appliquing it onto a Tshirt for him. I dream of pink and green tuti fruti dresses with white bias trim. A mommy sized shirt was cut from a pattern but hasn't yet been cut from fabric. I found six diaper shirts on sale, and bought them all, so while we have a plethora of shirts, pants are becoming hard to find and I will need to remedy this.

New in the cooking arena : Chicken curry for 5 - delicious and devoured by only 3. I never make enough rice, unless I make so much rice that half is wasted. Adding all the veggies ( except taters ) at the very end make it much tastier, but it sopped up all the sauce. I made cherry pie peekaboo muffins and Alex says they're yummy. Robby had egg in bread ( toad in the hole, one eyed sailor, egg in a basket, sunshine toast ) for the first time and ate every bite. YAY for am protein! Next on the menu - chicken pounded flat and rolled around proscuitto, then breaded and oven baked till crispy.

Upcoming dates : Passover seder at Sophias, GI, Feeding Team, Pediatrician, HHN, and most importantly, Robby's BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

GRANDPA said...

"Robby is driving me crazy. Always the bargaining!!! Five more minutes, one more, two more,I don't want to eat three bites, I only want to eat one, I won't eat unless I get dessert, for crying out loud GIVE ME MY CHOICES! This results in Mommy being very very exasperated with Robby"

GRANDPA DOESN'T REMEMBER ROBBY'S MOMMIE EVER MISBEHAVING WHEN SHE WAS A LITTLE GIRL.