Thursday, January 17, 2008

Who is This Child?

Who is this child and WHAT HAS SHE DONE WITH MY MILA?!?!?

Yesterday, Mila ate a few bits of fig newton, a few bites of turkey, a bottle, and took a 3 hour nap. Then she got up, ate a few bites of peas & carrots, half a slice of cheese, and played happily. Then she slept almost ALL NIGHT.

Is this because I finally got the doctor to listen to me? Probably. I can assure you, though, that she stil is refusing purees, and anything off a spoon or fork. I truly believe she does need the food therapy. She certainly won't be ready to come off of the formula at a year - most of her nutrition still depends on it.

The sleep thing is amazing. It does lead me, however, to the thought that maybe she really does have a sensory processing disorder - sleeping & eating ony at home do support that theory. Its been a welcome change though. Today will be the test though, of how she does while we are at work. If she goes back to not eating, not sleeping, I will have to re-evaluate my desire to work and her ability to cope with it. If the only thing that will help her is being home, then by God, I will quit on the spot and stay home with her.

Alex and I both have nasty colds, and Robby is just recovering from his. It was a rough couple of days with him - the advil kept the fever down but right at the 7 hour mark, it would shoot from 100 to 103 within half an hour. I'm thankful that it turned out to be just a cold though. Even if he did share it with us.

Its snowing - nothing new there. Big Yellow Gym is experiencing staffing problems and I've hired a new person who may or may not be my replacement. As *I* interviewed her, and *I* hired her, *I* would expect to be getting a pay raise. Especially as *I* hired her at a higher pay rate than my own....

The invitations are addressed and on their way out. The list of things we still have to do is slightly overwhelming...

No comments: