Hahah I though we were going home cause Mila is doing so well... But her ped said we aren't going home till she is off continous daytime!
We are, however, taking out the IV and starting a new schedule... Off IV now, off feeds at 1, she can bottle from 1 - 10 and we will run cont starting at 10. Feeds will start at 35 per hour and get a 5 ml bump per hour to 50. If she tolerates that.. We go home!!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
better!
Mila seems to be perking up. She's at 35 ml of full strength right now with only some mild to moderate discomfort. Pooping would help, I'm sure. They are upping her lactulose today and we might even go home.. Though going home on continous would be a pain in the rear.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Not so Good :-(
Mila is requiring venting frequently and hasn't been able to move past 25 mls per hour of 1/2 strength formula. She seems slightly uncomfortable most of the time, and in pain on occasion. I don't see it being good for us to go home tomorrow yet :-(.
doing better
Mila's feeds are back to 25ml per hour running half strength pedialyte / peptamen. So far, so good!! We are going up 5 mls every 4 hours till 35 mls, then we'll start running full strength peptamin. I think her next bump is 5 o'clock to 30 and then 10pm bump to 35, and then 5 am to full strength.
11 oclock update
Mila's feeds are running again at half strenght ( pedialyte and peptamen ) and she's been given more pain meds and some gas drops to see if that helps. She seems happy enough right now.
Why on earth does the GI keep asking ME why she's not doing better? I have no idea - he's the doctor.
Why on earth does the GI keep asking ME why she's not doing better? I have no idea - he's the doctor.
not doing well
Mila is in a fair bit of discomfort and not tolerating her feeds after meds. We had a near vomit, but saw the ped shortly after who said to take it very very slowly with her... Not going home today but I was prepared for that.
Feeds are off right now and we will wait on gi evaluation.
Feeds are off right now and we will wait on gi evaluation.
A rough start but an easy night.
Last night, mila developed a bit of a distended tummy and became very irritable and easily cried. After a few minutes, I called for some more pain meds. Even though it wasn't ordered, the nurse got her an rx of ibuprofen and that helped a bit.
We eventually had to lower her feeds to 20ml / hour and leave her iv running. I assume we'll try upping her rate and lowering her IV again today.
After lowering her feed , we burped her through the tube.. Very interesting. She was then able to sleep for most of the night!! Even I slept a bit!!
We eventually had to lower her feeds to 20ml / hour and leave her iv running. I assume we'll try upping her rate and lowering her IV again today.
After lowering her feed , we burped her through the tube.. Very interesting. She was then able to sleep for most of the night!! Even I slept a bit!!
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)